FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DATE:
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Warming Center has been activated
for Wednesday, December 14 through Friday, December 16
CONTACT PERSON: Mike Gotterba, Emergency Preparedness/Communications Manager City of Salem Public Works Department 503-588-6347 or [email protected]
The Community Action Agency has activated a Warming Center event scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14, through 6:30 a.m. on Friday, December 16, 2016.
Two locations are identified:
- The former O’Brian Auto Group BMW location – 770 Commercial Street NE
- First Christian Church – 685 Marion Street NE
Warm liquids (decaf coffee, tea, and bullion) will be served at both locations.
The Community Action Agency will continue to monitor weather conditions with emergency managers and may extend times depending on the forecast.
The Community Action Agency needs volunteers to support warming shelters at two locations:
- The former DeLon BMW property at 770 Commercial Street NE, Salem
- Click here to register for the DeLon BMW site.
- First Christian Church at 685 Marion Street NE, Salem
- Click here to register for First Christian Church
Each site will have three shifts as follows:
- Shift 1: 7:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Shift 2: 11:15 p.m. – 3:30 a.m.
- Shift 3: 3:15 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
For more information contact Amy Schroeder at Community Action Agency at [email protected] or at 503-585-6232.