City Kicks off Community-wide Visioning
Keep an eye out for Our Salem booths at community events in August and September.
We want to hear your thoughts and ideas about how Salem should grow and develop in the future, as we kick off community-wide visioning for the Our Salem project.
We’ll be at events throughout the summer, starting with Family Fest this Saturday, August 3.
Find Our Salem Booths here:
- Family Fest: Aug. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Riverfront Park
- Donald Street National Night Out Block Party: Aug. 6, 5:30-8 p.m., 3480 Donald St NE
- Wednesday Farmers Market: Aug. 7 and 21, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Courthouse Square Plaza (530 Chemeketa St NE)
- Englewood Forest Festival: Aug. 10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Englewood Park, 1260 19th St NE
- Lancaster Health Fair: Aug. 17, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Lancaster Family Health Center, 255 Lancaster Dr NE
- Back-to-school event: Aug. 24, 12-4 p.m., Chavez Elementary School, 2400 Walker Road NE
- West Salem Farmers Market: Aug. 29, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 1260 Edgewater St NW
- East Salem Day of Play: Sept. 27, 5-7 p.m., Swegle Elementary School, 1751 Aguilas Ct NE
Stay tuned for more opportunities to provide input. We anticipate having community workshops in the fall.
You are also welcome to attend the City Council and Planning Commission joint work session on the Our Salem project on Monday, August 19, at 6 p.m. The work session will be at the Salem Public Library in the Anderson Room.
The Our Salem project a multi-year project to update the Salem Area Comprehensive Plan, which guides future development in the Salem area. Salem is expected to add 60,000 people by 2035. With this growth comes the chance to better plan for how and where we want to grow.
The Our Salem project started last year with a look at existing conditions and how Salem could grow under current policies. That first phase resulted in a report card that evaluated whether Salem is headed in the right direction. Check out this story map to see what we did and what we learned.
Eunice Kim, Project Manager
Our mailing address is:
City of Salem
555 Liberty St SE
Salem, OR 97301-3513